Proposal Project Reflection

In my EDU 777 class (Learning Theories and Instructional Design), I am working on a technology proposal project from the role of an instructional designer. Right now, I am at the mid-point of the proposal preparation and it's time to reflect on my journey so far.

My proposal is for the adoption of a communication platform that would streamline the communication process between team members in a school and the family members of the students. The process of brainstorming a need for my school was a challenge for me. I am very lucky to work in a school district that is very privileged. We have a lot of technology and resources in our building. So I was looking at this project as a way to streamline and make more effective a communication process in our educational community.

I have really enjoyed the problem solving aspect of the instructional designer role. I have enjoyed doing the research on the various communication apps and platforms that are available. I used Common Sense Media to help me do my research, which is a company I use and trust. I have decided on using ParentSquare as my communication platform for this proposal project. I think through this process I have realized that the technology specialist in a school can be a coach for teachers as it pertains to the teaching and learning in the classroom, but they can also help solve technology problems that arise that have to do with other aspects of teaching, like communicating with families.



Resources

  • Common Sense Media - A non-profit organization that provides education and resources about technology and media to parents and teachers. 
  • ParentSquare - A secure platform for school to home communication.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triple E Framework

What does it take to be private in today's online world?

Learning more about Genius Hour